The front seat of my Ford Fiesta while cruising vineyards in France

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Union Square Experience

During a New York wine tasting I decided to take a lunch break between two tasting events in order to refresh my palate and for a moment of rest. The highly regarded Union Square Cafe was just a short walk to my second appointment, so there I dined.
Down with the menu is an attractive assortment in the breadbasket with a plate for butter seasoned with sea salt and a ramekin of cured olives. Nice touch.

During my numerous trips to New York I've been to Union Sq. Cafe several times with pleasant results every time. While I try to find new dining destinations, I also know that Union Sq. always rewards with a good experince. The reason for that is most likely to do with man who runs this restaurant and several others in NY. Danny Meyer. So, if you ever want to see how a successful restaurant is run, then sit at the bar and experience it for yourself.
Great job by my bartender/server. Efficiency in motion.



From the moment I sat at the bar, the woman bartender offered and pleasant greeting and offred me everything I needed to complete a brief, one-plate pasta and get me on my was without feeling neglected or hurried. And everytme I've been there, the service has been nothing but efficient, professional and the food attractive and delicious. An interesting wine list completes the deal.
A bowl of delicate gnocchi. Just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment